Chapter Eleven: The Astrology of Presidential Assassination
Disclaimer: This is a study of the Astrological factors involved in the historical American presidential assassinations. It is most certainly NOT meant as any sort of guide or advocacy.
We will use the same procedure as before:
- Find the date of the event (in this case, an assassination).
- Find the dates of the major Astrological events that most closely preceded that assassination.
- Run off horoscopes for those events set for the capital of the country (in this case, Washington, D.C.).
- Run off the solar return or half-solar return for those planetary events that closely preceded the assassination. Make sure the return charts are "Precession Corrected".
What do we look for in these return charts? For the chart of a nation, the leader is shown by the 10th house, especially by the midheaven and its ruling planet. Check for stressful aspects to both. The leader's death is governed by the 5th house, not the 8th. Why? If we are looking at the country's leader, we have to start the counting with the 10th house as number one. Then the 11th house becomes number 2, and the 12th house becomes number 3, etc. If we start counting the houses from the 10th house, the 5th house becomes house number 8. Therefore, it shows the death of the country's leader. The 9th house becomes the 12th house—the house of the leader's hidden enemies. The 5th house shows the (potential) death of the president. Let's start with Abe Lincoln.
Uranus Square Pluto
In the decade before the U.S. Civil War, there were three conjunctions between Uranus and Pluto: June 26, 1850, September 25, 1850, and March 25, 1851. The sudden, unexpected upheavals of Uranus had their power increased by the volcanic intensity of Pluto. The half-solar return of the June 26, 1850 chart had few indicators. The closest half-solar return of the September 25, 1850 conjunction happened on March 22, 1865.
- It had an almost exact conjunction of Mars and Uranus (sudden violent acts) and they were both opposite Jupiter (expansion).
- Both Mars and Uranus were in the 9th house (the President's hidden enemies).
- In addition, Uranus ruled the 5th house (the death of the President). So the ruling planet of the Death of the President is in the house of the President's hidden enemies AND it makes an almost exact conjunction with violent Mars.
- 29 degrees of Taurus is on the cusp of the 9th house. That makes Venus the ruler of the house of the President's hidden enemies. Venus is making a conjunction with Pluto, the natural ruler of death.
Just one day later, we get the solar return of the March 23, 1851 chart. It still has Jupiter opposite the explosive Mars-Uranus conjunction.
This time the "Sudden Violence" conjunction of Mars and Uranus lands in the 5th house: The Death of the President. They both oppose Jupiter. Guess what house Jupiter rules? It rules the 10th house, the President. The President is being opposed by sudden (Uranus) violence (Mars) in the house of his death. Either of these charts could have caused Lincoln's assassination by themselves. Since they were acting together, their effect was increased. But these charts were not acting alone. The Cascade is just starting.
Saturn Square Pluto
The stressful aspects of Saturn and Pluto can also be deadly. Pluto may rule death, but Saturn is the grim reaper who takes you to Death's Door and pushes you through. There were three 90 degree square aspects between Saturn and Pluto occurring before Lincoln's assassination: Sept.7, 1858, March 10, 1859, and May 29, 1859. The March 10, 1859 chart failed to give positive results.
Here is what the other two charts showed:
The September 7, 1858 chart for Saturn square Pluto had a half-solar return on March 4, 1865.
- The sun rules the Midheaven (the President), and the sun is in the house of the President's death (5th house).
- The sun has an exact conjunction to Chiron (wounds).
- Both Chiron and the sun are square violent Mars.
- The moon rules the 9th house of the President's hidden enemies. The moon has a conjunction to Mars on one side and a conjunction to Uranus (sudden unpredictable events) on the other side.
- The moon also has a semi-square to the midheaven— hidden enemies are afflicting the President.
- Pluto (death) squares the Midheaven (the President) sesqui-square Jupiter and semi-square Uranus.
The third chart had a half-solar return on November 29, 1864.
Once again, Leo is on the midheaven, so the sun rules President Lincoln. The moon rules the 9th house of the President's hidden enemies.
- The Sun and Moon are making a close conjunction (the President's hidden enemies are close). Jupiter is right between the Sun and Moon. Unfortunately, all three are opposed by violent Mars.
- Eris (discord) and Chiron (wounds) form close squares to all of them.
- Pluto, the natural ruler of death, forms a tight square with the midheaven (the President).
We now have four return charts out of six that indicate a presidential assassination in the same time period. The cascade continues to build.
Saturn Opposition Neptune
What happens when Neptune, the planet of dreams, ideals, and imagination, joins with Saturn, ruler of material reality, Lord Karma, the stern judge who gives us the results of our past actions for better or worse and lets the chips fall where they may? In this case, the three oppositions between Saturn and Neptune occurred in 1862 and 1863 at the height of the civil war. The dates were November 5, 1862, March 11, 1863, and September 5, 1863. The Civil War was fought over slavery. Slavery is ruled by the dark side of Neptune. Saturn ends cycles, and its opposition to Neptune was a message that slavery's time was up—no matter the cost. The first one had a Solar return on November 4, 1864 (1864 was a Leap Year, so the chart got set back one day).
- The same sign, Scorpio, is on the Midheaven (the President) and the 9th house cusp connecting the President to his enemies. It certainly doesn't help that Scorpio is the sign of death.
- The Sun and Mercury are in conjunction in the 9th house of hidden enemies. Pluto (death) opposes both of them.
- Mercury rules the 5th house (the death of the President).
- Uranus (the sudden and unexpected) is in the 5th house (death of the President).
The second chart had a solar return less than five weeks before the assassination.
- Jupiter rules the Midheaven (the President) and opposes Uranus (sudden change).
- Mars is forming a conjunction with Uranus meaning sudden violent change.
- Pluto (the natural ruler of death) rules the 9th house (the President's Hidden Enemies) and is sesqui-square Jupiter (the President).
- In other words, the planet of death rules the President's Hidden Enemies and afflicts the planet that rules the President.
- Eris (discord) squares the Midheaven (the President) and opposes the moon.
- Mercury (ruler of the 5th house of the President's death) makes a close conjunction to Chiron (wounds).
This chart alone looks like it might have been strong enough to cause the assassination. The third opposition of Saturn and Neptune had a Solar return on March 2, 1865.
- Jupiter rules the President Sagittarius Midheaven and opposes Uranus. Sudden, unexpected, and shocking changes will affect the President.
- The Moon rules the 5th House (Death of the President) and is in Conjunction with Pluto (natural ruler of death).
All three of these charts have positive results. We now have a total of seven charts out of nine cases that indicated Lincoln's assassination. And we aren't finished yet. The Cascade continues to build.
Saturn Square Uranus
Saturn rules everything old, traditional, and orderly. It insists on doing everything "by the book." Uranus wants to tear up the old book and write a new one. The first chart in this cycle had a Solar return Chart on December 13, 1864. It failed to give sufficient positive results. The second Saturn/Uranus square had a Solar return on January 29, 1865.
- Sagittarius is the sign on both the Midheaven (the President) and the 9th house cusp (the President's Hidden Enemies). This connects the two houses and connects the President with his hidden enemies.
- Jupiter, ruler of the President's house, is in the house of his enemies.
- Uranus (sudden unexpected change) opposes Jupiter.
- Uranus also opposes the Midheaven (the President).
- The moon rules the 5th house (Death of the President).
- The moon is in conjunction with Eris (discord) and square Mars.
- Pluto squares the sun.
The Saturn square Uranus chart for October 2, 1861, is a marginal case and is not included in the final count. It had a half-solar return on March 30, 1865. Uranus ruled the 9th house (death of the President) and it made a conjunction with Mars. Both of these planets were opposite Jupiter. Saturn (bad luck) was in the 5th house (Death of the President). There was another Saturn square Uranus on May 30, 1862. It had a half-solar return on November 30, 1864.
- Mars is in the 5th house (the President's death) and is part of a T-Cross.
- Mars is in opposition with Jupiter (expanded violence) and the sun. A conjunction of Eris (discord) and Chiron (wounds) squares both of them.
- The moon in the house of the President's short journeys is opposed by Uranus (the unexpected).
- Saturn (bad luck and difficulties) is the most elevated planet, and it has a conjunction to the midheaven (the President) from the house of the President's hidden enemies.
The last Saturn/Uranus square in this cycle happened on July 16, 1862. It had a half-solar return on January 13, 1865.
- Pluto (death) is in the 9th house (the President's hidden enemies) and is less than 1 ½ degrees from the midheaven.
- Mars rules the 9th house (the President's hidden enemies) and is in the 10th house (the President).
- Venus rules the Midheaven (the President) and is square Mars (ruler of the President's enemies).
- Venus also makes a conjunction with Eris (discord).
Two out of these four charts gave positive indications. A total of nine charts indicated the death of President Lincoln in the same time period.
Interested in our services?Get in touch with us